Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Implied & Tactile Collage

My assignment here was to create a collage using two styles. The first format, implied, was to have the illusion of a textile. The second format, tactile, was to have actual 3D materials. I chose the same picture of a field with a tree and mountains for both formats.

Implied Collage




To make the waves of golden fields, I used cuttings of wavy hair. From far away, it does not look like hair. The mountains are pictures of tweed coats and the tree trunk is a leather purse. For the tree, I did a rubbing of mesh.







Tactile Collage

Using the same picture, I gathered materials that are similar in look to my original collage. The field this time is made of burlap and has a smattering of green in it. I've also added some grassy areas with a few flowers. The tree is made out of feathers wtih leaves cut from a fabric. The mountains were fun to make. I put a smathering of glue and let it dry for several days. On a piece of paper, I put 2 separate squirts of black and white acrylic paint and using a sponge, I touch lightly over both and dabbed the glue. To finish it off, I outlined the mountains using a big of black rick rack. Finally, I dabbed blue and white paint above the mountains and glued white filmy material, outlining with white round ribbon to create the clouds.





I think the implied collage needs work but I'm pretty happy with the tactile collage.

No comments:

Post a Comment