Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Value Scales

Today's assignment was to create 2 value scales. The first one is a gray value scale and was created using photos from magazines. It was a challenge to put this one together because each time I thought I had 10 values, I looked closely and found blue or brown hues in the photograph. Once I had my values ready, I pasted them on a white bar then onto a black matte board. This keeps the values at the end from completely disappearing into the background. Looking at this picture, there are several values that look very similiar but in person, there is a greater difference in the tones.





My second scale is a red value scale. I have white and black on opposite ends and my pure red in the very center. To create the colors to the left of the red, I added different amounts of white. To create the colors to the right of the red, I added different amounts of black. My next assignment will be to paint a picture using the colors of my value scale. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.


2 comments:

  1. The grey scale is nice. I like the shapes you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on both your grey scale and colour value scale.

    ReplyDelete