Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Roller Coaster Contrast

This assignment was to draw at least 6 continuous bands of color. Each one needs to reach at least 2 sides of the paper and must cross or be crossed by at least 2 other bands.
I loved doing this one. it was a bit difficult getting the bands the same width throughout its path and deciding how to cross them but once I had that in place, the fun began. I like the colors. If you look very carefully, you can actually travel the path of each band. I used a darker shade to show where a band goes under another band. I'd like to try again using darker colors. The challenge there will be to show the shading and shadows.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this. It looks as if the bands are popping off the page. They look so 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of colour and shading. There is strong contrast and depth in this piece.

    ReplyDelete