Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Contour

For my two contour drawings, I selected two different items. I attempted to focus on the outline of the subjects, adding details but no shading. My goal was to add enough detail to make identification of the subject easy. This was my first real drawing and it was a bit difficult. I had to concentrate on the edges of the subjects.

This is a small coke bottle that is not as stubby as it turned out. On the whole, I am pleased with this drawing. It is recognizable as a coke bottle. There may be too much detail, I'm not sure.





After drawing the bottle, I decided to try a second contour drawing. This time, I used my hand as the subject. I am very surprised at how much detail I saw when looking at my hand. I am not in the habit of looking so closely at things. This exercise was very good in opening my eyes to the different views there are of a single subject.


1 comment:

  1. I am happy to hear you enjoyed this exercise and added these to your blog.

    What a nice start to this design course. This hand is such a strong piece and shows your abilities. I know artists that stay far away from drawing hands as they find it way too difficult. You took the subject on with gusto.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete