Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Animal Morphing

The animal I chose is a ladybug. I am attempting to draw a ladybud in a variety of styles using various photos and clipart as inspiration.

My first attempt was a realistic drawing of a ladybug. To draw this one, I looked at various gardening websites. I think the lines are good but it ended up looking more like a roach.












This is my attempt at drawing a cartoon ladybug. It came out nice but not very original.












This is my favorite drawing. It is a ladybug forced into a circle. i like the roundness of it. Even the legs have some curvature to them.












This ladybug is a negative composition. I was attempting to have a negative/positive transposition. Didn't exactly work out. I'll be re-doing this one.











This ladybug is in geometric form. I like this one. There's a log of straight lines here which really appeal to me.
















Here is my robotic ladybug. Well, it does look robotic but does it keep the essense of a ladybug? Not quite sure.











Finally, this is my "stretched" ladybug. While I like the expression on the face, it is starting to look more like a beetle than a ladybug.
















 I really like this one. It is the Tribal Ladybug. You don't want to mess with her! ha ha


This is one of my favorites and I think it came out very nice. It is an "exploded" or "break apart" picture of a ladybug. There are a lot of very nice geometric shapes that can be clearly seen here.
*No ladybugs were harmed in the drawing of this picture.













 

I'll be redoing these pictures as well as adding more style. I am learning to look at the simplest things in more detail.

3 comments:

  1. Great! I especially like the robot and the tribal lady bug. But they are all fantastic, you're really on a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really enjoying these! I agree, I love the robotic ladybug the most.

    Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the tribal one too! Nice design.

    ReplyDelete