Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Expressive Lines


Well, this is my first attempt at art. I was trying to convey a sense of serenity. I drew a young girl walking down a calm road. The zagged line at the top is a thunderstorm off in the distance. The object in the upper right is a carnival cart, signifying youthful fun and carefree days.

 

This is my second attempt.

I started drawing and noticed that one of my images looked like a flattened soda can so I started playing with a metal theme. The clouds are "staples", the road is a zipper and the tree limbs are metal shavings. I like this drawing better. There is definitely more expression in this drawing.

1 comment:

  1. I noticed that most of your line end up as some type of image, be it a person or thing. Think about just the line and how it flows,a bit more abstract.

    It looks as though you are enjoying the process, which is very important!

    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete